Free-Floating Hostility

Tuesday, October 05, 2004


Look at me, I have a blog

Since all anyone cares about in the news business these days is the blogosphere, I figured I'd better pick up an entry. So here I am. Howdy.

My plan is write about politics, sports, and television, the things I spend much of my life thinking about deeply or at least constantly. The primary consequence of this has been walking around this quaint California suburb in a haze, forming arguments and trying to figure out clever things to say in various social situations.

Perhaps the decision to start blogging will get me out of those various social situations, since this is about the singlemost nerdy thing anyone can do. But anyway, here goes nothing...

2 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger Jeff'y at October 06, 2004 8:42 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • My blog-induced problem is that I end up posting everything remotely interesting that I have to say (which, yes, isn't much), and then I end up either repeating myself to people I talk to or secretly resenting them for not reading my blog. Except sometimes the resentment is overt.

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at October 10, 2004 6:29 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Because I did not want to sign up for my own blog (more on that later), I am forced to use Blogger's Anonymous posting tool. Unfortunately, Anonymous posting makes me look like a coward who cannot attribute his name to his thoughts in the public sphere, which is not the case. I am David Form (you might remember me from such blogs as 34 and....). Anyway, I wanted to post here to address my new blog policy considering that I do not want to add to the blog confusion with a blog of my own. Actually, I do not give a sh*t about blog confusion, I just think me having a blog would piss off my wife, as I would be subjected to daily comments like, "Dave, what have you been doing on the computer for the last 3 hours?" as I try to carefully craft sentences to describe the concepts that defy language. See Control and Determinism and the emotional anguish of a Red Sox playoff loss. Which brings me to the second reason why I will not have a blog, that being I cannot hyper-link in posts to previous posts of metaphysical discussions. Which is like a meta-post.

    Regardless, I will not be starting a blog anytime soon. But in order that am I not accused of cheating on 34, I will clarify my policy. I will respond to whatever is posted on either blog. I will go to 34 for New Yorker inspired cleverness, urban musings, and jokes about faxing ,as well as metaphyiscal angst. However, when I want to talk about sports or not wear a tie and say "F@ck" a lot, I will turn to Free-Floating Hostility. I think that is fair. And because sports is being talked about, may I direct one Joey Samuels to the Free-Floating Hostility.

    Question: where do I go to get my Banana movie reviews?

Post a Comment