Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, February 09, 2005


HostyleFaxer

San Francisco

So here I am, on the road with Mary Gordon, behaving like a pushy publicist ("Allow me to interrupt your discussion of Lyn Hejinian's critical theory to plug MaryGordon.net") and getting fed a lot of room service. The hotel is very nice, but giving readings and interviews is hard work and Mom deserves it. I'll blog more extensively about her radio interview yesterday with a station I'll call KCUF FM and I woman I'll call Febra Bagel-Jerks who really sucks but I'm on a timed internet connection so you'll have to wait. For the moment I have discovered that I no longer enjoy eating out. I'd rather have grape nuts in my own kitchen. 24 seconds and counting, must post! Ta!

2 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger BrooklynDodger at February 09, 2005 7:09 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Sounds like a rock and roll tour.

    What does the contract specify for refreshments in the green room? Cognac and Cabernet rather than Jack and Coors?

    When you go into the bookstore for the reading, do you get past the bouncer saying "I'm with the author?"

  •   Posted by Blogger Form at February 10, 2005 5:09 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • In other Carmen 11 celebrity news, Akil narrowly avoided elimination last night. (He was put on the spot because of a dance combetition, where his weakness lies.) He is one of the five last contestants.

    FYI: I posted this news here because there was no better place in the Carmen 11 blogosphere to post it.

Post a Comment