Free-Floating Hostility

Friday, August 05, 2005


Michaelgrams

Have you ever noticed that Michael is an anagram for lechaim? My name is a palindrome, but that's pretty darn cool, too. His full name is an anagram for "Wheel rims rail mice."

2 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at August 06, 2005 1:20 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I fought with myself over using this anagram in a cryptic puzzle I was writing once, but gave in to my inner Leo Rosten, who pointed out that the standard transliteration of the Hebrew toast is "L'chaim" with no "e." Oh well. By the way, someone's name, as now styled, is an anagram of "near Marin" -- is she? That's better, I suppose, than this anagram of her name as previously styled: "an ashcan."

  •   Posted by Blogger Anna at August 06, 2005 9:49 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Crikey, maybe that was why I insisted on using my middle name. And yes, I am pretty near Marin. I will have to see what happens if you add in Gordon-Cash, my new middle name.

    What I like about "je negresse" is how I had to go find a french dictionary just to make sure there wasn't a verb "negresser." There was a Jennifer in Scott's high school french class who had to be called Genevieve, and she was prone to acting out, so when the teacher would get exasperated and shout "Ge-ne-vi-eve!" Scott would chime in "pas!"

    I am so happy, by the way, that notre belle negresse favored us with a comment. More, please.

Post a Comment