Free-Floating Hostility

Friday, September 09, 2005


My Friday off

Here are the things I didn't do today:
  • Laundry, because our bedroom is starting to look like my old room in East Campus, everything on the floor, nothing on the walls
  • Remove the flower painted in our window, because I love it and plan to tread on the line of eviction from the owners before finally capitulating.
  • Send out more cover letters and e-mail, because I seem to have reached a certain inertia when it comes to searching for a new job. There are only six places I'm looking and all of them seemingly haven't hired anyone in years. I guess I also delayed e-mailing the editors who have expressed some interest in talking to me.
  • Unpacking, because we are still have full boxes and we've both been very busy.
  • Devise a clever way of keeping our doors from slamming, because the cross-breezes we were so excited about are wonderfully strong, but our door jambs are not so much. Honestly, this sounds fairly out of my league. And actually I've almost tuned out the slamming of doors, but can't imagine what the neighbors think is going on here. I expect the cops to arrive any second.
Instead I watched The Big Lebowski, luxuriated in the warmth of our restored fast Internet and prepared to meet our canine godchildren this evening. We expect the puppies to be very cute. More on that later.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment