Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, January 25, 2006


More Pie!

The last time we saw Jesse, he offered us two pieces of constructive blog criticism. First, he doesn't like the acronym FFH, because he thinks it sounds like "Feh." Fair point, but convenience trumps aesthetics in this case. Second, he says we don't have enough pie charts. Well, here's a pie chart, copied from SiteMeter. It indicates that about 57% of our hits are from users of Internet Explorer, though it's hard to know how accurate that is. In any case, I am maintaining my position that anyone who insists on using IE gets what they deserve, but I understand that some of you are stuck with it--presumably not all 57% of visits were from random blog-hoppers. So, when I next get around to fiddling with the template I will return my attention to our discordant alignment issues. Ben kindly took some time off of dodging bombs in the dark (do check out that link to Ben and Alice if you haven't yet had a chance) to offer us some code, but unfortunately it wasn't the silver bullet. The first item on my fiddling agenda, however, will be to try modifying said code to suit my needs. I hope everyone will cut me some slack till then, even though my big problems are, like, abstruse genetics papers. Posted by Picasa

2 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger BrooklynDodger at January 26, 2006 4:20 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • IE saves html pages as a single archive file, Firefox will not.

    IE will send a page as an attachment to an email message in Groupwise with a single click, Firefox will not. Although Groupwise sucks otherwise.

    Why browsers display differently is a subject of some interest to the Dodger. The Dodger wonders why Word lacks a utility to simple write in HTML.

  •   Posted by Blogger Jeff'y at January 26, 2006 6:42 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • The last time I was in Jesse's brownstone (Petey was babysitting the kids) I ate some delicious apple pie. Funny, that.

Post a Comment