Free-Floating Hostility

Tuesday, December 14, 2004


Yes, I am dieting

This came up in the holiday party post. Yes, I am on a diet.

It's not the South Beach Diet or any other of those fad things. Simply, every day I write down the nutritional information of everything I eat, and try not to exceed certain levels in calories, fat and carbs. It means, frankly, that I eat a lot of Subway and Pita Pit, since there are detailed websites with nutrition numbers. Or I eat at home, which is just as good from a financial standpoint.

It's going well and I'm down 11 pounds in five weeks, lighter than I've been since sophomore year of college. I don't feel any different or better, but that doesn't really matter. I just figured that it was time. I'm going to be 25 soon and it's just going to be harder to lose the weight as I get older.

So there you go.

5 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger Rich at December 14, 2004 2:09 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • You can't spell "diet" without "die". You also can't spell "Subway" without "sway." Coincidence? I think not. Just think, if you were on the Moon, or in Europe, you would be at your ideal weight already.

  •   Posted by Blogger Anna at December 14, 2004 2:58 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • If you don't like eating at home, you can cook your own damn meals. Enjoy your eighty consecutive nights of cheerios.

  •   Posted by Blogger Unknown at December 14, 2004 3:13 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Rich-
    Are you talking about kilograms? I don't get it.

  •   Posted by Blogger Jeff'y at December 14, 2004 4:03 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Are you implying that my cooking sophmore year of college had something to do with your weight gain?

    Harrumph.

  •   Posted by Blogger Rich at December 15, 2004 1:42 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Yes, I was referring to the fact that your weight in kilograms is something like half your weight in pounds. I don't have the conversion rate in front of me. Also, if you were in Spain in particular, and you did not have Anna's wonderful home cooking to eat, you might be half the weight in pounds anyway due to the fact that Spanish food isn't super good. Then again, it's very atkinsy I guess, except for the breading on all the fried crap.

Post a Comment