Free-Floating Hostility

Saturday, January 08, 2005


The Average MD Picks his Nose Four Times per Hour

With mingled relief and regret I must announce that Dr. Mormonstein has learned my real name. After 18 months at the clinic I have finally won permission for a key, which entailed some correspondence with the mother company. She apparently wrote an email praising my reliability and calling me Amy, so Mona gently informed her of her error and poor Dr. Mormonstein felt terrible. She blames her ears; she's had a cold recently and apparently it has cause her to mishear "Anna" as "Amy." Indeed, she must be very sick, if the giant loogie she sneezed all over this purchase order is any indication.
Bless You
April's hard-hitting photojournalism on this occasion has, in my opinion, proved that the camera phone is a good idea.

2 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger BrooklynDodger at January 11, 2005 5:49 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Why "his" nose in the head line? You can pick your doctor, and you can pick your nose, but can you pick your doctor's nose.

  •   Posted by Blogger Anna at January 11, 2005 7:59 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Sometimes I say "his" in this context, sometimes "her." In longer pieces I alternate. In this context I chose "his" because I didn't want the average doctor in question to be confused with Doctor Mormonstein, whose nose I have not yet seen picked by anyone.

Post a Comment