Free-Floating Hostility

Thursday, March 31, 2005


Play that Funky Music, Dr. Whiteboy

My boss recently brought to my attention the work of Dr. Carl Winter, a professor of Toxicology here at UCD. Along with, no doubt, other projects, Dr. Winter writes songs themed on Food Safety piggybacked on popular tunes. We listened to "50 Ways to Eat your Oyster" this morning. I've perused his warning on the Norwalk Virus to the tune of "Under the Boardwalk," including the lyrics "A case of Norwalk/Out on the sea/In the bathroom of my cabin/Is where I'll be." I look forward to checking out some of his other work, including:

Don't Get Sicky Wit It
Stomachache Tonight
I Sprayed it on the Grapevine
Beware of La Vaca Loca (a la Ricky Martin)
Rat #49 (Love Potion #9)
Food Irradation (Do the Locomotion)
Clonin' DNA (Surfin' USA)

This guy is way more appealing than, say, Christian a capella groups.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment