Free-Floating Hostility

Monday, March 28, 2005


Who Won? Ayelet Waldman is a Fucking Lunatic Edition

In this week's Modern Love column some woman wrote about 1,000 words about how she loves her husband more than her children. This article becomes the centerpiece of the argument that writers should have to apply to some agency for the right to reproduce. I mean, what the fuck? The wedding also included the marriage of two journalists, a coupling one can only imagine will end up being measured in days.

27 March 2005
Gay Couples with Clear Winner: 0 of 0
Straight Couples with Clear Winner: 7 of 7
Men: 5
Women: 2
Ties: 0
Disputed Results: 0

Year to Date
Gay Couples with Clear Winner: 4 of 6
Ties: 2
Disputed Results: 0
Straight Couples with Clear Winner: 68 of 81
Men: 43
Women: 25
Ties: 7
Disputed Results: 6

3 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at March 29, 2005 5:02 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Dude, you forgot to mention that the Reverend Run (aka Run from Run DMC) officiated at the wedding featured in "Vows" this week. Unfortunately, the groom is a Yankee fan, but we can't all be perfect, can we?

  •   Posted by Blogger Anna at March 29, 2005 8:09 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Well I can't speak for Mike, but I for one make a point of never reading "Vows." Occasionally I get suckered into a "State of the Unions" but usually end up yelling at the newspaper. I have readers like Katy to tell me when I missed something cool.

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at March 30, 2005 8:22 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • You're not missing much—"Vows" has been disappointing lately (and that "State of the Unions" thing sucks almost as much as the rest of the Styles section).

    It's worth noting, though, that my dad recommended this week's "Vows" offering. I was on the phone with my mom, and I heard yelling in the background, and then some mumbling, and my mom goes, "Dad says you should read the wedding section if you haven't already. He says it's really good." As for my dad, he claims to have gotten drunk with the justice of the peace in the other room before he married my mom, but whatever—they're still together.

Post a Comment