Free-Floating Hostility

Saturday, October 08, 2005


How Marriage Works Part IV

Since Mike's not here and I'm having a fit of missing him I'm going to tell a story that illustrates the best way to survive living with me. I was having one of my characteristic fits of despair, in which Mike was wisely not participating. So I turned away, preparing to make a dramatic exit.

Mike: Where are you going?

Anna: To deliquesce into a pile of fat.

Mike: Where?

Anna: To deliqueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesce into a piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile ooooooooooooooooooooof faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!

Mike: Deliquesce? What does that mean? It sounds like the mayor of New Orleans.

3 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger Jeff'y at October 09, 2005 8:26 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Yeah, but what do you call the state change of solid directly to gas?

  •   Posted by Blogger Anna at October 09, 2005 9:25 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • As you perfectly well know (and I know you know because you got 100 on the Chemistry regents in 1995, and I know that cause you told me), when a solid changes directly into a gas without stopping at the liquid phase, that is called sublimation. The relatively esoteric reverse process is known as either deposition or desublimation. And it's a phase change, not a state change. A state change is something you get after an election in Congo.

  •   Posted by Blogger Jeff'y at October 10, 2005 5:47 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • You're sweet to humor me, though.

Post a Comment