Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, October 19, 2005


In Which I Besmirch Mike's Reputation as a Caveman

Seven years plus into our acquaintance, Michael still has the capacity to surprise me. Last night, he made me a four course meal. A bloody fantastic one. It was literally one of the best meals I have ever tasted. I knew he was going to fix me supper, but I had no idea what he really had in mind. Imagine my surprise when I was finally allowed to peek, and there I saw a lovely plate of baked brie garnished with garlic and sundried tomatoes. The main course was a fusilli with caramelized onions--to die for, you truly have no idea, followed by a fine salad and a thoughtfully chosen dessert. I had been whining about my birthday and my displeasure with its arrival for months. The last thing I expected was to wake up this morning feeling a little sorry my birthday was over. He's a very nice boy, and it seems he has untapped depths of talent. If I may quote Alanis Morissette (and it's okay to say I may not but you're not really in a position to stop me) he treats me like a princess--I'm not used to liking it. I can't promise that I'll stop pissing and moaning about being a loser 25-year-old for the next half-decade or so, but 24 hours into the game, loserishness doesn't seem so bad.

1 Comment(s):

Post a Comment