Free-Floating Hostility

Friday, November 04, 2005


You're Gonna Eat my Borderline-Racist Chicken

Watching the ads for El Pollo Loco makes me feel embarrassed for my country. I haven't felt such intense chagrin since I figured out how to turn off the Microsoft Paper Clip. I looked up the spokesman--I pity him so deeply it actually tempers my rage--and apparently his only name is El Caliente. What makes it particularly galling is that there's a mildly amusing and inoffensive set of ads with a totally different concept being run in Spanish. I just wish this kind of cynicism didn't pay off. I want to put the creative minds behind that ad in a cage with the creative minds behind the new film starring "Curtis '50 Cent' Jackson" and poke them with sticks and pelt them with inedible peanuts and shoot them with water guns and harmless but intimidating darts.

Next issue.

2 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger Unknown at November 05, 2005 6:39 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • It could be like that scene on The Shield, where Mackey locks the two guys (rappers, I think, but my memory is hazy) who hate each other in one of those storage containers so they can make peace, but then one actually kills the other. Let's go death!!!

  •   Posted by Blogger Anna at November 05, 2005 11:45 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Actually, I believe they were rival gang leaders. Given that one of them was played by Sticky Fingaz, I can see how you got confused.

Post a Comment