Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, October 26, 2005


White Sox, as in Vanilla

Despite my longstanding familial commitment to root against teams from Texas, I think my plan for this World Series was to root for whomever won Game 1 to win in a sweep. I tried, but in the end I had absolutely no interest in this series. I watched about 6 innings of Game 1 in a bar in Fargo, none of Game 2, an inning of Game 3 and ninth inning of Game 4.

So it's time to come clean:

I'm not a baseball fan, I'm a Tigers fan.

I also care about the Yankees, Red Sox and, to a lesser extent, the Mets. But when I read the sports page about baseball news, I'm thinking, how does this affect Detroit? And when I'm looking for something to watch on television, and the game offered doesn't include those four teams, I'm searching for That 70s Show re-runs before I settle on a channel. So, unless Fox could have gotten one of the teams to sign Fez for the World Series, I was destined to ignore it. I also feel this way about hockey, except my list of teams stops at one, the Red Wings.

Thanks for your attention.

3 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger BrooklynDodger at October 27, 2005 4:22 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Fritz hopes that "care about the Yankees" means hoping they will lose.

  •   Posted by Blogger Unknown at October 27, 2005 9:21 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • That is the case, but, as I've said before, If the Tigers aren't going to be there, I'd be happy to watch the Yankees lose the World Series every year.

  •   Posted by Blogger Rich at October 27, 2005 1:01 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I root for teams based on what players I have as keepers in fantasy baseball now. Actually, I was kind of rooting against Houston because I had Oswalt and wanted him to save his arm for next year.

Post a Comment