Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, December 14, 2005


My New Mobile

The people at Radio Shack were very impressed yesterday when I turned up on the exact day my wireless contract expired to demand two more years of Verizon and a new phone. They, clearly, have not my been in my presence at any time in the last eight months (which makes sense of course, because why would I be hanging out with the Radio Shack people?). I have been peering longingly at people's cell phones for about that long. I've wanted ones with cameras, ones that flip, ones that are actually mini-computers, ones with wireless headsets.

I am, however, profoundly cheap. So face with the option to buy any mobile phone I wanted, I went with the free-est one. Some slate gray number from Samsung that flips and has a pretty impressive ear piece, important when you work at large stadiums. The transfer of my phone numbers, the most satisfying part of getting a new phone, took about 90 minutes. So now I'm off in search of something new to complain about.

1 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger Rich at December 14, 2005 1:02 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I just got a new phone, too. I didn't go to the store to pick it up, but the rumor is that the salesperson was incompetent. He/she was unable to transfer my numbers.

Post a Comment