Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, December 21, 2005


The Next Big Thing in Wasted Time, Just in Time for the Holidays

I have a reputation as a boy's girl, insufficiently athletic to be a tomboy, but not really into the traditional trappings of feminity. I hereby plan to destroy that reputation by referring all of you to Paper Doll Heaven, a site that allows me to dress up my favorite actresses in pretty pretty clothes. I think the sites creators assume that we will want to mix and match, and put those celebrities in ridiculous outfits for the sheer perverse joy of it. But I only want to make them pretty. I want to put Audrey Hepburn in a polka-dotted poodle skirt and a demure head wrap. Then I want to dress Grace Kelly up in a pencil skirt, grey sweater and pearls. Then I want to put Catherine Zeta-Jones in a trendy pantsuit and Kate Winslet in a purple ballgown. Out of a sense of duty I tried putting some of my least favorite celebrities in really ugly outfits, but my heart wasn't in it. The site claims most of its users are girls between the ages of 5 and 20, but I have my doubts. Or perhaps, I'm just a pervert.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment