Free-Floating Hostility

Saturday, February 11, 2006


My Favorite Thing about the Olympics

Every Olympic year some enterprising journalist writes about how the athlete's village is basically a rollicking 24-hour sex party. Here are two such instances (1,2). This is probably my favorite thing about the whole Olympics. Supposedly in 2000, the Cuban team burned through its allotment of rubbers and had to go back for more. In 2002, people in Utah bristled at this fact and some LDS-folk even objected to the condom dispensing in the Olympic Village.

There has been no firm number printed of how many condoms have been distributed to the Winter Olympians, but I bet its fewer than in the summers because there's less nudity.

1 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at February 12, 2006 4:46 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I am often annoyed by the winter olmpics which competes with all the precussors to March Madness. For instance last night as Michelle and I were trying to enjoy our beers at the pub watching Gonzaga trounce Stanford, a member of the Detroit Rugby team made the bartender change the channel so that he could watch figure skating. I realized later that he was trying to use this as a way to begin conversations with girls, which I told him he would have had a better chance with me if he left the basketball on, and I urged him to move down the bar to talk to 3 blond girls all wearing gold lamae purses who were glued to the tv.
    So i suppose the moral of all this is that the olympics don't just get the athletes horny but it also works on spectators.

Post a Comment