Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, March 29, 2006


Feeling White

Our dance class today was East Coast Swing, which is basically a tricked out versions of the Lindy Hop. Our teacher told it involved bouncing more than swinging, but I can't seem to get the bounce and the step to work together. And our turns aren't so crisp yet. The biggest new concept was me having to turn, because up until the now the turns have consisted mostly of me spinning Anna. Swing is the one I've been looking forward to most, so I'm determined to get it right. Eventually. We're now five weeks through the six-week Level One, having learned all the steps but the Waltz. We're best at the Rumba, although the version we know has the fewest bells and whistles. Anna also Mambo-ed (that's Level Two) with the instructor, impressing me but not herself.

The plan, if you must know, is to be ready for Clafoutis' bar mitzvah or the next of our friend's weddings, whichever comes first.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment