Free-Floating Hostility

Tuesday, April 25, 2006


Cowpunchers of the Press Descend Upon Anna

It turns out yesterday's unpleasantness on the train tracks is front page news in the Enterprise. I can't link you to the story cause their website is, um, selective. I'm not suprised it's news, seeing as how I called Mike at the office as soon as the train stopped. I used to love leaking administration info to the Spec back at Columbia and I so rarely have my finger on the pulse of Yolo County. So today Mike called me to ask how long I had been waiting the day before. "Here, tell Lauren," he said, and put a reporter on the phone. I gave her the relevant details as best I knew them, and thought that was that. But as I hung up I heard Mike spelling my name. "Hey, what's that about?" I asked, in dulcet tones no doubt. "Oh. You're going in the paper." "I'm what?"

I can't even pretend I didn't know I was talking to the press. At least my name didn't appear till after the jump, but the Enterprise staff is highly amused at Lauren's star witness. Vultures.


I consulted the thesaurus at m-w.com in the hope of finding a synonym for "scavenger" to use in the title of this post. It informed me it had no entries for "scavenger," but suggested the similar word "cowpuncher."

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment