Free-Floating Hostility

Tuesday, November 02, 2004


Fuck

Well, perhaps the sun will come up tomorrow.

If it does, I'll write more about what the hell we're going to do both about Ohio this year and the next four years.

6 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger Rich at November 03, 2004 1:39 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I am pretty sure fox news has been close to calling this one for bush for the last 3 hours. they have had bush stuck on 269 electoral votes since i woke up. i haven't seen any other site on the internet giving bush this many votes. i hope the election comes down to the lawyers. maybe bush will change his stance on trial attorneys. i love lawyers.

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at November 03, 2004 5:10 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I might disagree a bunch with Rich about Nomars, but if there is one things we love, it is lawyers. Especially of the Sidely Austin Brown and Wood variety.

    Anyway, what is clear is that Bush won the popular vote and should be President no matter what the last few votes in Ohio turn out to be. Furthermore, Bush might have over 50%, which means that a potential majority of the voting public wants Bush to be President for 4 more years. There will be much blogged about what this all means, so I will turn back to the electoral college for today.

    Floridians clearly wanted Bush. This creates tremendous possibilities for cosmic forces such as irony and karma when Bush takes an axe to Social Security. (If you want to know my real position on Social Security, not my clever post-election position, it is that it should be more of a means tested entitlement and it should be fundamnetally adjusted for changes in retirement age.) If these people, do not want to receive it, I have no bones not paying it. After my salary blossoms in a tax exempt mutual fund, I might even buy a Lexus made in an American factory, which would trickle down to some poorer person. Or I might not. That is the beauty of the free market.

    I get a double word score, as my wife is looking to get a job with the drug companies that benefit from the President's "old-people deserve it," prescription drug benefit.

    BTW: It just occured to me that it is somewhat hypocritical to critize people in the South and Midwest for voting against their economic interests, when I usually vote against my economic interests. What do y'all think?

  •   Posted by Blogger Rich at November 03, 2004 7:51 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Crap. Adele says I have to make $200k before I get sweet tax cuts from Bush. Is this true? I don't how long it takes to get bumped up from $125k to $200k. We might have a Democractic president before that happens. The inquiring public needs to know.

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at November 03, 2004 1:25 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • If you want to get over the hump on the income tax side of things, you can pool your salary with Adele through the use of a fundamental social institution. You have this advatange over some other people because you and Adele are of different sexes.

    Dave

  •   Posted by Blogger Jeff'y at November 03, 2004 4:19 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I find it hard to believe that you make $125,000 as an unpublisher author and blogger, Rich. If you do, I am asking my boss for a raise.

  •   Posted by Blogger Rich at November 04, 2004 3:46 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • If I was a woman, I would be a lesbian, and then I would truly be screwed.

Post a Comment