Free-Floating Hostility

Tuesday, November 02, 2004


Oh God they're getting punchy

This is why no one watches MSNBC anymore:

Here we are now 4 1/2 hours into the election and still have no answer. And now Chris Matthews is asking whether our enemies will see the delay in the vote count as a sign of weakness. Now perhaps we should wait for Osama bin Laden to make a tape and tell us whether he thinks it is a sign of weakness to be a democracy.

I'm getting antsy but am still optimistic. On my board its 207-200. I think now Kerry's in trouble in Florida, but Bush's lead isn't that big in Ohio and the votes left to be counted are those in Cleveland, which should be worth a pretty good boost in the totals. Maybe the 300s that looked like a possibility earlier tonight are gone. But this is still winnable.

1 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at November 02, 2004 9:06 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Us in the EST Zone are going to bed not knowing who the winner is, but cautiously pessimestic about a Bush victory. That being said, I look forward to earning tons of money as a lawyer representing mutual funds and feasting off my wife's hefty salary as a health care consultant/executive. We are going to make a fortune off our tax cuts and privatized social security (all being invested in John Henry's hedge funds). Then, when those social conservatives are totally burned because their jobs at the Walmart have been outsourced to the Indian dudes running Walmart.com, I am not sharing squat of my Republican subsidized fortune. They can hope my bling-bling trickles down to them or seek solice in the little cited parts of the New Testament that talk about social justice. Only my blog peeps will get to enjoy my riches. All youse who keep voting against your own economic interests can turn your own cheek to yourself.

    Signing off from a coastal state (that being the non-Heartland)
    Dave

Post a Comment