Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, July 13, 2005


And then, on my way home from work, I saw this bird, which was standing so still it took me a while to rule out the possibility of a new bird statue. During the time it took me to make my decision, the bird spotted me and flew across Putah Creek. Therefore this was the only picture I got. It, too, looks blurry thanks to cropping, but it was really cool in flight.


Can you identify this bird? Posted by Picasa

1 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger BrooklynDodger at July 14, 2005 4:51 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Regarding blurry. Use flash even if not needed, that reduces exposure time and thus shakiness.

    For long shots, optical zoom to the max to fill the view, lean arm on something to reduce shaking.

    Cropping doesn't blur stuff, it does break up into pixels.

Post a Comment