Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, July 06, 2005


S. Epatha Merkerson for President '08

Have I lost my mind, or is the search for a new Supreme Court Justice being led by the guy who plays the DA on Law & Order? If I didn't know how adept the Bush White House was at controlling a story, I would really think the world was on its ass.

Can we take the fact that he played Roseanne's sadistic boss, too, as a sign that he's a moderate?

5 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger Unknown at July 06, 2005 10:01 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I think his personnel instincts are pretty good. I mean, he did know enought to fire ADA Serena Southerlyn. And anywhere, I hear Bush is considering hiring Sam Waterston as White House Counsel once Gonzales is nominated.

  •   Posted by Blogger BrooklynDodger at July 07, 2005 4:00 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • By the way, a recent LAO rerun featured a Brearly alumna who it seemed had hired a contract killer to take care of her husband, a NYC building contractor. I fell asleep before the end, so I don't know if she was ultimately guilty or not.

  •   Posted by Blogger Anna at July 07, 2005 7:00 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I doubt it. Getting caught hiring a contract killer seems more like a Hewitt alumnae activity. Can you imagine doing those class notes? Congratulations to Phaedra Cartwright on her marriage to Kingsley Shacklebolt in Maine this summer. Speaking of shackles, Bonnie Stone is in the clink! She writes, "women's prisons are still not quite as tough as men's, but I can't emphasize enough the emotional benefit of a single-sex reeducation."

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at July 07, 2005 7:37 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I forgot how reactionary Dalton was given that he is scripted to say a few rational things on L &A. Maybe we should suggest Jeb Bartlett since he is going for TV politicians.
    Queenie

  •   Posted by Blogger Anna at July 08, 2005 4:14 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Would it premature to nominate Geena Davis?

Post a Comment