Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, February 15, 2006


Classing up the Computer Lab

Just to prove I'm no more mature about Public Health than Mike is: this is the funniest thing that happened to me today. A Maternal and Child Health student named Loren was sharing a computer with me in the lab for our Categorical Analysis class. We were potchkying around in a program called Stata and getting a little bit giggly, which is what preconditioned me to laugh to tears when Loren raised her hand to ask a question about a skewed distribution. I may be more prone to hysterical laughter than most, but it was really, really funny when she referred to it, twice, as a screwed distribution. We never really pulled ourselves together after that, especially when one of our data sets included a binary variable for coronary heart disease named chd69. Screwed data indeed.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment