Free-Floating Hostility

Tuesday, September 19, 2006


Hostylefax: Montana

My hotel room in Butte was about five miles from the Continental Divide. Cool, I thought, as I made my way over it on I-90 early on Saturday morning. Although then I realized that I had no idea why that was cool. Ryan was reachable by phone later in the day and set me straight. East of the Divide, he told me, all water flows toward the Mississippi; West of it, the water flows into the Pacific. That was so fitting. This is Montana, a state that prides itself on being a playground for the outdoorsman. I should have brought along a digital camera because nothing I say here will really do the scenery justice. It's all rugged beauty with long stretches where there is nothing but miles of mountains on either side of the freeway. I recommend it. Also 4B's tomato soup held up for the second day, so I would suggest eating that, as well.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment