Free-Floating Hostility

Monday, November 27, 2006


Math Problems

I woke up Saturday morning knowing the Notre Dame needed to beat USC in order for Michigan to get a second pop at the national championship. And I was OK with that because even though I hate Notre Dame, I like Charlie Weis. But then, while watching Florida-Florida State, I realized it was worth my while to root for the Seminoles. And that's when I stopped. Nothing is going to make me root for Florida State.

Everyone hates the BCS because they'd like to see a playoff. And I'd like to see that. The problem with dissolving the traditional bowl ties in favor of putting together a 1 vs. 2 match-up is that you can't later go back and argue that anything violates the traditional integrity of college football. I don't care anymore if Michigan and Ohio State meet for the national championship. I'm just on the lookout for arguments that actually make sense.

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment