Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, October 20, 2004


Is God a flip-flopper?

Oy vey.

So we have this from CNN. Pat Robertson says that God told him that there would be loads casualites in Iraq while President Bush said there wouldn't be any. Meanwhile, we've learned in the past week that President Bush operates solely on faith.

This might suggest, and I'm just tossing this out here, that maybe interpreting divine will is not the best way to set military policy. Some (please Note the Fox-ish use of the word "some" to allow you, gentle reader, to demonize anyone you imagine would say anything so awful) might suggest that this is blasphemy. They might point to the success of Joan of Arc on the battlefield.

I would like to remind those people that Joan of Arc was French.

But this does pose a fascinating question: Who do you better trust to interpret God's will, George W. Bush or Pat Robertson?

4 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger Jeff'y at October 20, 2004 4:16 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Those are my only choices? I'd pick a Teletubby. The one with a purse.

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at October 21, 2004 7:54 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Holy Crap! (Pun Completely Intended). Mike is posting such interesting stuff about Mother-in-Laws and the Christain (Who's) Right(?) on the day the Red Sox nckjsbnckjhbhjvbb! Let me try to get what just happened at Yankee Stadium into the words and then I will try to post humorous and insightful responses to Mikey's comments.

    Dave

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at October 21, 2004 9:38 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • On behalf of all Yankees fans, I would like to quote some Shakespeare at Dave, Adele and the rest of the city of Boston.

    Thou didst usurp my place, and dost thou not
    Usurp the just proportion of my sorrow?
    Now thy proud neck bears half my burdened yoke,
    From which even here I slip my weary head
    And leave the burden of it all on thee.

    Enjoy Pujols.

    --Anna

  •   Posted by Blogger Rich at October 22, 2004 1:23 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Did I post here and it got deleted? I knew you liberals were flip-floppers, but to take away free speech about the Red Sox? That's low.

Post a Comment