Free-Floating Hostility

Tuesday, November 30, 2004


Working Class Heroes of the World Unite!

The latest edition of the Brearley Bulletin just arrived in the mailbox and my name appears in it three times along with a picture. This may actually be the crowning acheivement of my life so far.

Frankly, I think it is an inspiring success story. It shows that sophistication is no obstacle. A kid like me, who grew up on the tough streets of Detroit and attended public schools there, grew up and entered the upper crusts of New York life and married a graduate of a Manhattan Prep School. Only in America.

4 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger Form at November 30, 2004 1:54 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I noticed your link leads to the school's website, whose alumni section I could not access. (I hope this does not terrify Anna.) Are you listed in this part of the site? If so, can we get the password?

  •   Posted by Blogger Anna at December 01, 2004 11:11 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Sadly I can't get on their site either. It's probably because of that horrible, horrible email I sent the head of the alumnae association.

  •   Posted by Blogger Form at December 02, 2004 5:49 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Uh , oh. Once I also sent a horrible email to an alumni grand pubah when Columbia College Today claimed I went to BU Law instead of BC Law (when I submitted niether bit of information to them). Maybe that is why only Sharon is listed as a Columbia Grad in Columbia's Orthodox Jewish Student group's summer "Mazel Tov" list.

  •   Posted by Blogger BrooklynDodger at December 02, 2004 7:48 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • More information on Cass Tech can be found at

    http://schools.detroit.k12.mi.us/jsp/school_info.jsp?page=history&school=Cass

Post a Comment