Free-Floating Hostility

Thursday, March 10, 2005


Rotisserie League, Anyone?

In honor of March Madness, the local sports radio station is doing its annual Tournament of Babes. The concept is obvious. They seed 64 women in a bracket format and then have callers pick the winners. I would link to the whole bracket, but I stoutly refuse to the join the station's "Man Club" on the basis that it is discriminatory against lesbians.

That said, months ago Anna and I put together basketball teams based purely on sex appeal. This seems as a good a time as any to unveil them.

Mike's team
Point guard: Salma Hayek
Shooting guard: Catherine Zeta-Jones
Small forward: Beyonce
Power forward: Kate Winslet
Center: Jennifer Lopez

Bench (in alphabetical order):
Linda Cardellini, of ER
Maggie Gyllenhaal, though her mother can go to hell
Keira Knightley
Eva Mendes
Audrey Tautou
Gabrielle Union, yeah motherfucker, Bring it on.
Rachel Weisz

Anna points out that I only have one Jew on my list. I like the European influence, though because I really think we'll be bombs away from the outside. My list is also all actresses, meaning that we'll be really good at drawing fouls.

Anna's team
PG George Clooney
SG Clive Owen
SF Benjamin Bratt
PF Brad Pitt
C John Kerry, yes that one.

Bench:
Eric Balfour
Pierce Brosnan
Michael Chiklis
Chow-Yun Fat
Jesse L. Martin
Michael Smith, sportswriter for ESPN.com. (Stay out of Arco Arena, motherfucker)
Jon Stewart

Anna's is clearly the most bizarre hot list ever assembled. I'm not sure what that says about me.

I'll let all you perverts out there google your own pictures.

1 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger BrooklynDodger at March 12, 2005 12:37 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Rumor has it the Mike played a president's tournament with family members in his youth. It was a always a tough decision if the matchup was something like Reagan v. Harding, so it was possible for some of those guys to get into the second round, but usually not out of it. Were the game played today, I think that Reagan, who used to be the worst, would advance against GW Bush.

    FD Roosevelt v. Lincoln was always a tight matchup, but FDR would always take the cup.

Post a Comment