Free-Floating Hostility

Monday, June 20, 2005


Noms de Blog

In her well-received, though uncommented upon, post about dogs puking and shitting everywhere, Anna dubbed my parents "Fritz" and "Queenie." My parents report liking the monikers, which is good because calling them by the name of Fritz's blog seemed awfully paternalistic. And those who know me know that I hate being accused of paternalism.

I'm the most egalitarian fucking person I know.

My sister saw the post and immediately forwarded this request: If we were to refer to either her or her boyfriend could they please be "Easy Lola" and "Fast Eddie"? The staff of FFH has huddled and decided that, despite our usual objections to people choosing their own nicknames, that we will adopt those sobriquets. So anyway, for those of you keeping track, I will be spending the coming weekend in Detroit attending Easy Lola's graduation party.

3 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger Jeff'y at June 20, 2005 10:42 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I saw your parents on the corner of Montague and Court the other day. I was going to get Indian food with some coworkers and they were going to oversee brownstone renovation. We talked about blogs (yours and his, though not mine) and then I had to go catch up with the rest of my group. I didn't call either of them "Fritz".

    True story.

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at June 21, 2005 2:09 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Congrats to Easy Lola!

  •   Posted by Blogger BrooklynDodger at June 21, 2005 5:42 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • The dogs were on the fritz

Post a Comment