Free-Floating Hostility

Thursday, July 14, 2005


The Wretched Fucking Fucking Heat

I covered a baseball game that was 100 degrees at first pitch and still high 80s when I ambled to my car around 11:30 p.m. This is to say that it's absolutely a terrible time to be alive in the Central Valley. Anna has born the brunt of it this week. I've had to take the car into Sacramento for events each day so she's had to walk home in this heat.

When I walked in, Anna was sacked out in front of the air conditioning. This seemed like a brilliant idea, and I went to bed on the other couch. I don't know when Anna woke up and went into bedroom, but she was there when I woke up around 6:45 this morning. We may end up moving into our living room since the wall A/C unit we have is fairly weak and also half obscured by furniture. The forecast is for triple-digits through the weekend, which means we might watch every piece of shit Hollywood throws at us this month.

3 Comment(s):

Post a Comment