Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, September 21, 2005


Scary Thoughts

I hate Quentin Tarantino's obsession with live burial. Everything that motherfucker does these days includes someone being put in the ground alive, from Kill Bill to the season finale of CSI last year that he directed. Being buried alive just happens to be my biggest fear. Probably something to do with the knowledge of impending death combined with being trapped in a confined space. It scares the life out of me.

So then I wonder what the people on the JetBlue flight whose landing gear failed today were thinking as they watched their plane fly on live television with serious sounding anchors trying to prepare everyone for a fiery crash landing on live television. It didn't happen, of course, but there you go.
(Passenger) Zachary Mascoon said it was surreal to watch the emergency unfold on news coverage on a television inside the plane. At one point, he said, he tried to call his family, but his cell phone call wouldn't go through.
I wonder if that would be better or worse. I can't imagine.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment