Free-Floating Hostility

Sunday, July 09, 2006


Mais pourquoi? Mais pourquoi?

I'm actually a little disappointed that Google News only turned up 219 hits for "Zidane headbutt," although it only happened seven hours ago. Actually, the search for "Zidane sent off," turns up nearly 2,300 articles, which could mean that the details were left out and Zizou's legacy won't receive the thorough trashing that it deserves. We'll see tomorrow, when the American papers come out and the Euros write their follows. I felt especially betrayed when Zidane fouled Marco Materazzi because I had answered Anna's relentless taunting about my support for France with the response "Zidane deserves to go out as a champion." And then he goes and does this:



Actually, Anna, who was working back at home while I watched with friends in Sac, called on the whistle to start talking shit. That was pretty cute. As she said on my return, "Look, I'm not saying that God is definitely Italian, but S/He obviously isn't French."

I attempted to take in the game at a charming little place in Sacramento called "Streets of London." It was packed. It was also 100 degrees. By the 42nd minute I had sweat through my France jersey and was on the verge of puking. So we took in the final 75 minutes and PKs at a co-worker's house. I have resolved to go back for some Tottenham Hotspur games and to try some food. Everything on the menu appears to be fried, even the sausage. How good is that?

1 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at July 11, 2006 10:46 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Parce que mon Français testosteron je dois frapper des choses avec ma tête. Ou était cela parce que l'italien était si sexy j'ai dû le toucher.
    Which means because of my Frenchman testosterone I must hit things with my head. Or was it because the Italian was so sexy I had to touch him.
    If I had to hazard a guess its the later reason.

Post a Comment