Free-Floating Hostility

Saturday, August 19, 2006


About Last Night

In case you hadn't figured it out, Anna wrote last night's post and accidentally put it up as me. But there are many codas to be added after my work trip to the ballpark today.

The pranks in the press box continued, when, in addition to scads of chocolate, big buckets of KFC arrived for the press meal. Also included were the sides: biscuits, mashed potatoes, gravy and slaw. Between that and the English style meal I had for lunch as I watched soccer, my heart is probably wondering why I've turned on it. Veggies only for me tomorrow.

The fans remain vile. Today they were given train whistles, which managed to be annoying immediately rather than building up from minor irritant.

After the game I went down the clubhouse to conduct interviews. My route back to the press box took me past our seats from last night, where I promply ran into Miss Yolo County '41. She saw my press pass and said, "Now I know how you got those tickets." I grimaced. There is no possible way to respond without sounding like a asshole. So I just said "yes," and kept walking.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment