Free-Floating Hostility

Sunday, August 13, 2006


Listerscreen

I never followed up here on our resolution to watch each other's favorite movies. We have begun; we started with Four Weddings and a Funeral. I must admit, the movie hasn't held up as well as I remembered it. Jeff will try to tell you it's a chick flick, but Jeff has never actually seen it. It is not a chick flick. It's a cogent argument against marriage, and the first twenty or so words in the script are all "fuck." But, neither is it top-ten material. If we ever make a list of top ten movies in which the most important criterion is hilarity it will surely appear, but for now, I think I will tentatively replace it with Frida, pending re-watching of the latter. Conveniently, it its in the same alphabetical position:

Adam’s Rib
Big Fish
The Big Lebowski
Cabaret
City of Lost Children
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Frida
Primary Colors
The Silence of the Lambs
West Side Story

3 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at August 14, 2006 10:51 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I just rewatched Four Weddings and a Funeral as well (having been inspired by attending a wedding so picture-perfect it was unreal. I mean, the reception ended with half the guests going swimming while the band continued to play). It's still funny, but I now understand why people complain about Andie MacDowell. - Allison

  •   Posted by Blogger Jeff'y at August 15, 2006 6:35 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • If you were to draw a Venn diagram in which one circle contained all the chick flicks and the other contained all the movies that make cogent arguments against marriage, I'd think there would be a decent overlap. Not that I'd no for sure, because I've never watched a chick flick.

    That's all I'm saying.

  •   Posted by Blogger Jeff'y at August 15, 2006 10:00 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I wish my otherwise airtight argument, involving sets and circles and Vennetians, hadn't been marred by misspelling.

Post a Comment