Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, October 15, 2008


Required Reading for All-White Candidates for Office

Y'all know I've been busy, so I haven't managed to fit blogging back into my new life. But I'm watching the last debate and am far too agitated to do any kind of work.

Thanks to some of my smart friends, I know about this, a blog post titled "How not to be Insane when Accused of Racism (a Guide for White People)." Wouldn't it be nice if Senator McCain gave this a read? If he copped a clue about his own privilege? Housing-related? Gender-related? Oh, gee, I dunno, whitenesss-related? How an educated man can reach this point in his career and truly believe that being "accused" of racism is equivalent to racism itself, is just, well, farcockt.

Miss y'all.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment