Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, December 01, 2004


Analysis of the Use of Time I allotted to my Application to Berkeley this Month

Estimated Hours per Project:

Composing Open Letter to Department--0.4

Composing other Blog Postings--Two

Debating whether to submit Open Letter instead in lieu of real essay--Eight

Working on mother's birthday gift--24

Reading Michael The Pursuit of Love, Love in a Cold Climate, and two thirds of Brideshead Revisited--20

Self-Quizzing on Spanish vocab from translations of Harry Potter books--Three

Stretching--11

Memorizing "Let America be America Again"--Two

Forgetting it again--0.000000000000034

Berating my mother and godmother for micromanaging my godsister's college applications--Three

Reading the Borges Jeff gave me for my 24th birthday--10

Trying, for the third time, to read v., which Jeff gave me for my 22nd birthday--Six

Obsessing over the condemnation of Ron Artest and whether buzz about the latter joining the Knicks might be considered a mitigating circumstance--6.02 x 10^23

Talking myself out of applying to Grad School--16

Keening--Four

Writing Essay--perhaps six



1 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at December 02, 2004 11:48 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Sounds like you're way ahead of most people. particularly in the stretching department, but also the grad school app department. chin up
    - sol

Post a Comment