Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, February 16, 2005


We Couldn't be More Proud of Akil

So Akil's off the Road to Stardom, going out by being himself, refusing to bad-mouth the other contender as Missy Elliott egged him on.

We hereby invoke the Jeffrey Posnick Rule and name Akil the Mensch of the Month.

7 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger Rich at February 17, 2005 4:19 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Akil needs a blog.

  •   Posted by Blogger Form at February 17, 2005 5:28 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • I went to bed angry, sad, and frustarted. Akil being kicked off the tour was the first playoff loss I experienced in a year and a half (if you do not count the $400 Duke cost Sharon and I by choking to UConn). I have tons of problems with this. First of all, as Mike pointed out, Akil was kicked off the show after winning the "stick to your guns" fashion challenge, while everyone else caved to metrosexual pressure. (Then the show had the chutzpah to present Madonna as the paradigm of staying true to yourself. Ok, "Esther.") Obviously, Missy does not want a strong opinionated Black-Jewish man to win this contract. This is clear because the only man left is a Evangelical Christain white guy from Orlando. The lawyer in me wants to point out that there were two female judges to one male judge (5 to one if you count Missy's dancers) and there is only one guy left to three girls. Furthermore, Akil being selected for elimination because he was not willing to bring out all of his talents after being lead to believe this was a singing challenge is arbitrary, capricious, and other administrative law words that basically mean bullsh*t. All and all, this has been a horrible year for Carmen 11, between the West End shutting down, Akil being bounced from the tour, and Erin breaking down and entering law school. I hope Eli does not get arrested somewhere.

    Anyway, obviously a Missy Eliot boycott is in order (I'm looking at you Rich).

  •   Posted by Blogger Form at February 17, 2005 5:29 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Also, I posted this on 34, but here seems appropriate too.

    http://www.wimp.com/jewish

  •   Posted by Blogger Rich at February 17, 2005 2:30 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Okay Dave. I will take your word for it about Missy Eliot's transgressions regarding Akil and institute a boycott of Missy Eliot. I will strike "One Minute Man" and "Get Your Freak On" from my workout playlist. Does any rapper want to shoot her? I'll put him/her on my playlist instead.

  •   Posted by Blogger Jeff'y at February 17, 2005 8:01 PM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • It's Carman, Dave. You should know better.

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at February 22, 2005 12:44 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Dave, you just made my week man. That post was cathartic, I don't think anyone could have put that better. Damn... I wish I could hire you as my personal spokesman...

  •   Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at February 22, 2005 12:45 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • yo, I got a blog too!

    http://akildasan.tblog.com/

Post a Comment