Free-Floating Hostility

Wednesday, April 06, 2005


Dream Convention

The West Wing has always been about political fantasy, and this week's season finale contained my deepest desire. I want to see a brokered convention in my lifetime, one where there are two days worth of intrigue as people try to figure out who the nominee is. It's something that would be totally thrilling to watch.

Frankly, Cuban negotiations episode aside, this has been a tremendous season for the show. I've loved this campaign stuff, watching the pieces of everything come together. It's become a must-watch again for me, though I assume people like me are dwindling in number. I'll miss it when it's replaced by Dance of the Antichrist or whatever is on Wednesdays at 9 next week.

1 Comment(s):

  •   Posted by Blogger Form at April 07, 2005 5:27 AM | Permanent Link to this Comment
  • Is it going off the air totally or taking a break or just getting a Republican president? I happened to tune into the end because I needed something to take me from my DVR'ed episode of PTI to 10:00pm on the East Coast.

    Anyway, I am trying to convince Sharon to make the shift. Currently, our DVR records every Law and Order episode on TNT, which means our electric bill is taking a huge hit. However, because only .01% of the recordings feature an episode she has not seen AND Sam Waterstone, we do not watch any of them. I am lobbying for us to switch the recording to all West Wings on Bravo, which will not save us any money on our electric bill, but will give us more new material to watch.

Post a Comment