Free-Floating Hostility

Saturday, June 10, 2006


Hostylefax: A Long Vacation

We have been back from Seattle for the better part of a week now. The delay in posting has been a result of actual work. Anna began her new job, which I'll allow her to tell you about. Meanwhile, I returned home to find that there would be a Title IX lawsuit at the university and that some football players had been released from the team. I had also accepted a four-day freelance assignment for a newspaper in Texas. I've been working basically 14-hour days since our return because of those things.

Anyway Seattle was excellent. I bowled the best game of my life (162) during the trip. We enjoyed a bevy of ethic foods with Scott and Rachel. Saturday we hiked around some beautiful waterfalls, although the fun part of that sort of ended on the way back when we deviated slightly from the trail and I slipped on a rock and hit my head. Luckily, my nose is enormous and that distributed the shock of the fall pretty evenly. I followed that later in the evening by injuring my right index and middle fingers as I attempted to break off a hunk of Trader Joe's chocolate. There appear to be no lasting effects, other than confirmation that I am physically awkward. But I think we knew that.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment