Free-Floating Hostility

Tuesday, May 03, 2005


Oh Gatsby, Where Art Thou?

There will be no Who Won? this week because the fucking New York Times angel passed over our house on Sunday. So there you go with that.

The major piece of news is that my computer, named Gatsby, is on its way back to the Compaq factory to have its power pin reunited with the motherboard. I don't know what that means, but the upshot is my computer refuses to believe that it is being charged when the adapter is inserted and now just sits there dumbly when the power button is pressed. Compaq tech support, which is probably based entirely in India now, was very sweet while imforming me that it would cost $300 to fix the problem. Because my newspaper has just one company issued laptop (which is not issued to me) I'm mostly out of the deadline business for the next seven days. So that sucks.

Here is a list of other things that suck: the Sacramento Kings especially Peja Stojakovic in key playoff minutes, The president's plan to turn social security into welfare so he can kill it, my fantasy baseball team, Tom Delay, the mayor of Detroit who is a Cass Tech alum and also completely corrupt, and much of ESPN's Tuesday night programming. So there you go.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment